Scratchbord is a clay coated hardboard panel for scratchboard that is coated with India ink. Comparable to traditional paper scratchboard, except better – it’s more durable and easier to scratch into for cleaner and crisper details and lines. For added dimension, coloured inks can be added to the white areas and then scratched again for additional highlights and volume. Seal finished artwork to eliminate fingerprints and to hide repairs, then frame without glass!
- Unlike paper scratch boards, Scratchbord will not rip, tear, bend, or wrinkle
- A variety of marks and textures can be made using Scratchbord tools
- Add vibrant colour using Ampersand’s Claybord/Scratchbord Inks
- Completely repairable by reapplying India Ink to scratch marks
- Kaolin clay ground with India Ink coating on top