The comprehensive introduction first shows the reader the physical anatomy of male vs. female figures and gives important tips on proportions, perspective and small but often-overlooked details such as the relative differences between male and female hands, fingers and feet.
Five subsequent chapters cover over 40 action poses in the following categories:
- Chapter 1: Action (e.g. running and jumping)
- Chapter 2: Martial Arts (e.g. punching and kicking)
- Chapter 3: Interacting (e.g. judo holds and high fives)
- Chapter 4: Weapons (e.g. swords and knives)
- Chapter 5: Reacting (e.g. dodging a punch or taking a punch)
Special sections contain information and tips on particular topics of interest, such as how to draw clothes, hair and facial expressions or how to create special effects. At the end of the book, an actual 6-page comic strip gives readers the opportunity to practice what they have learned by filling in the missing elements.