Impasto is a technique used in painting, where paint is laid on an area of the surface (or the entire canvas) very thickly, usually thickly enough that the brush or painting-knife strokes are visible. Chromacryl Impasto Gel Medium is a thick acrylic gel used to exaggerate the textural capabilities of the paint.
- when dry, Impasto Gel provides texture, making the paint appear more dimensional
- mix Impasto Gel with Chromacryl colours to add more body to your paint
- it can be used for thick glazes
- acts as an excellent adhesive for mixed media, especially heavy objects in collage work
- Impasto Gel is milky when wet but dries clear and remains flexible.