Create vibrant washes and expressive watercolour art using a Watercolour Mop Brush from our Artiste range.
This high-quality brush features soft, fine squirrel bristles and a sturdy birch wood handle, offering you control and comfort.
The natural hair bristles are excellent at holding and releasing water or paint for an even wash of colour.
Each bristle is secured to the brush handle using a traditional method to keep the hairs in place for many creative sessions.
Pick up a brush to take your artwork up a level and create your next masterpiece.
- Squirrel bristles taper to a point
- Maintains shape well after use
- Excellent water and paint holding capacity
- Sturdy birch wood handle with a matte black finish
- These brushes are hand-crafted and made uniquely to regular brushes to maximise their water-holding ability. Each mop brush uses squirrel hair, one of the softest bristle types, and as a result, you may find some stray bristles. To get your mop brush ready for use, below are some extra steps you can take
- Remove it from its packaging. You will notice the bristles are bound together with some glue, this is added to help train the bristles to sit into a pointed tip before you use it
- Hold the brush tip between your index finger and thumb and gently rotate the brush left and right until the bristles are free, this can take about 8-10 times
- Gently stir and swirl the brush in clean water, remove it and rotate again between index and thumb, repeat these steps about 8 times
- Test the brush by applying clean water onto a blank sheet of paper to see if any stray bristles appear, if so you can repeat the previous step
- Wet brush
- Dry brush